Sunday 20 July 2008

More Taormina Balconies

Whilst we are talking of balconies - which we were in the previous post - there were several examples that caught my eye in Taormina. None of them as splendidly adorned with pretty girls, but you can't have everything!

The locals obviously take great pride in their balconies though. We saw lots of flowers, potted shrubs and hanging baskets and many of the balcony supports were carved with figures, faces and designs.

There were hardly two alike. Why don't I have a balcony from my bedroom at home I wonder? Would it look slightly out of place perhaps in an English end-terrace? I suppose there wouldn't be all that much to look at either in my quiet street. Quiet. Ah yes... that's why I like living there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.