Monday 24 September 2007

Blackpool Postcard

One of several old postcards of Blackpool from my collection. I can't claim to be a serious postcard collector, although I have several hundreds of them in albums and scanned onto the computer. At one point I used to make a point of buying postcards everywhere we went and I've bought several vintage ones at collectors' fairs and car boots. This one shows some saucy minxes lifting their skirts up to paddle at Blackpool in the early 1900s. Probably very racy at the time...! Has to be seen to be believed particularly for the sheer ugliness of the women chosen to pose... Ye gods, that photographer needed glasses...

1 comment:

  1. Just seen your website on Blackpool, thought you might be interested in another site ( if not already seen, "Fylde postcard history" Try it. Regards, Dave.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.