Friday 14 December 2007

Shush!!! It's an Emergency Drill!

I had a good laugh this morning when I opened my emails. I received this from Emma-Lou:

"Hi John,

Its Emma-Lou, entertainer onboard the Carousel who told you to shush during the drill. Had to laugh outloud when I read that.

Hope you are still cruising. Such a shame Suncruises ceased to be.

Merry Christmas!
Keep Safe
Emma-Lou
"
The episode she is referring to came during our first ever cruise, onboard the Carousel around the Canaries in March 2004.

On the first night we were summonsed up to lifeboat stations for an emergency drill and to be given instructions on what to do should someone fall overboard.

"Don't jump in after them!" was the advice, "Throw something they can grab hold of." At this the chap next to me leaned over and whispered:
"I'd throw my wife in..."

As I burst out laughing Emma-Lou, who was in charge of our lifeboat, gave me a stern shushing, after which of course I tried to look duly admonished and penitant. Well... something like that!

We enjoyed the cruise enough to do it again the following year. After 2005 the Carousel was sold off to a French company.

Return to Atlantic Islands Cruise 2004 Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.