Tuesday 12 June 2007

Back in London

Well here I am, back in London.

'Ammersmiff to be precise. To be even more precise in a bedroom in the Premier Travel Inn on the 11th floor, although the state of the windows makes the view a bit less than it potentially could be. If I crane my neck a bit I can see the Thames though, and look up-river towards Richmond.

The train was delayed by an hour - lightning had apparently struck some signals further north, either in the Lake District or Scotland. Anyway, by the time it arrived at Preston where I'd been waiting, the next train was due to arrive (though that too was delayed by half an hour) and so there were two trainloads of passengers jostling for seats - and so it proved all the way down.

We must have struck lucky in Bispham - didn't see any rain worth mentioning last night, yet Gill, just a couple of miles away in Thornton, said it was coming down in straight lines and then bouncing straight back up.

I'm attending a conference on interoperability tomorrow - the sharing of data between information systems with an educational establishment. That's at the Royal Geographical Society up near the Royal Albert Hall.

Oh, and I didn't bring the camera this time - it's an old photo taken from Centrepoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.