Wednesday 30 May 2007

Talk of Holidays

Talk from the "Ladies over the Water" today was about holidays. The "Ladies over the Water" are Marlene, whose visit ten years ago en route from South Africa to Canada kicked all this off; Evy, who helped provide Marlene with info on Canada at that time and who has since paid dearly by being confused by us; and Amanda, an old chum of Marlene's who now resides in America.

Marlene started things off by saying she had booked a holiday with Sandie Gotours - an honest mistake for anyone to make - what she really said was she had booked a tour to San Diego...

Amanda is getting ready for a trip to Mexico and said, "I thought to myself, in one month we will be on vacation, great was my disappointment when I realized, I will actually be home – back from my vacation - how depressing"

How can you be depressed at the thought of being back home before you actually set off???

"No, I’m depressed because I will be back from vacation"

Yes but... Whoa! If there's one thing I've learned in ten years of regular sparring with the Ladies over the Water, it's that I won't win...!

Anyway I thought I'd better start limbering up the old bod ready for the hols and a few exercises turned my already rather trim figure (stop that laughing!) into this! Alex, eat your heart out, mate!

2 comments:

  1. Bwa hahahahaha haaaaaa!!!
    sorrry ... something in my throat ... cough cough ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speechless, dear? Ha! That'll be the day...!

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.