Sunday 20 May 2007

Off to London

As I said yesterday, I'm off to London this morning for this course. Fran and Gill (wife and daughter) are already there as they had a girly day yesterday going round the shops no doubt - slight pause for quick worry about bank status - and we'll meet up once I get there before they come back tonight.

I hadn't realised how long trains take on a Sunday - they must stop far more often so it will be almost a 6 hour journey down, yuk!

Yes I did manage to get the reading done - well, given that I thought I'd get another 3 hours on the train what I mean is I will get the reading done and have marked myself against the tests after every section and am doing ok!

The photo was taken on the last visit on 12 May and is of the Inland Revenue building, part of Somerset House.

The statues are of Tax Inspectors - the two statues on the right of the balcony hold the scrolls proclaiming your worth (to them). Two of the statues hold tridents - an ancient sign of the Devil's work!

One figure holds his spear downwards ready to prod the unfortunate prostrated taxpayer, another holds his tally stick aloft, counting your resources. Meanwhile two tax dodgers are riding hell for leather towards the Precipice of Evasion...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.