Saturday 19 May 2007

A Flower for Jackie!

3:00pm. Warning: this may be incomprehensible unless you have read the previous entry...

So have I got lots of reading done, ready for my course? Uh, well some...

The garage had part of the wing mirror but when unpacked it appeared to be missing a vital ingredient - the mirror bit... We agreed it may be better to keep with the cracked mirror for the moment. It works up to a point - I keep thinking a Picasso is driving up behind me...

Then into Blackpool to pick up the mysterious package - Blackpool has free carparks on Saturday mornings but I of course drive into one that has to be paid for... Not to worry, park the car and trot down to the post office full of anticipation to see what's in store - package contains a Gillette Fusion shaving razor and is addressed to Fran... I never knew - she must normally manage quite a smooth shave, I haven't noticed any stubble problem...

Then off to my Mum's to take her on the tour of markets and Tesco's. Stomach was rumbling as I had skipped breakfast in my haste to read the Prince2 manual. Luckily Tesco's had some free samples of pork and apple sausage - very nice! Mum caught up with me outside after I was ejected for eating too many bits... But they were getting cold - I did you a favour!!! Mum said she'd never been so embarrassed so I reminder her of 17 June 1983, 5 Sept 1991 and 21 May 2000. I mean, she still does those things but she's given over getting embarrassed about it now...

Got an email from Jackie who said (rather ungraciously, I thought) "By the way if that's what you call an apology I think I'd rather have abject grovel"

Which brings me back to the subject - a flower for Jackie, delivered on my knees over several yards of cinders (abject gravel, geddit? Geddit???)... Honestly dear readers, it would bring tears to your eyes to see the state of my legs - but we won't go into that! She's fighting back now - got her own blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.