Wednesday 13 February 2008

A Touch of Elegance

I like exploring cities as many of our older cities have a character all of their own.

It's not necessarily whilst deliberately walking the streets and looking for features though that you come across them.

I've been in Newcastle for three days now and today whilst walking into the office I noticed this elegant cupola on what appears to be a more severe modern building. When I got round the corner I was able to see that it matched the gates and canopy over the entrance to the Monument Mall.

The old Victorian shopping malls that you come across are often architectural gems. I must dig out some photos I took of Miller Arcade in Preston one day for instance.

Anyway it brightened my morning up a little so I thought I'd share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.