Wednesday 18 July 2007

Horse Droppings!

I'm not sure what it is with the horsey lot... The room my company rents for me to work in is on a site where facilities are rented out to the horsey brigade at weekends.

Now, it's very rare, I admit, that I have ever set foot in a stables or hacking yard or whatever they call them. I do honestly seem to remember, though, when my nephew was young and foolishly decided he wanted to sit on one of those strangely-shaped horse things, that their yards and so on were fairly clean places. At least there was sufficient space to walk in between the piles of stuff that falls out of the back end of the afore-mentioned strangely-shaped horse things.

Here, on most Monday mornings, you could be forgiven for thinking that this is because they issue an edict that "no strangely-shaped horse thing will let anything fall from its back end until ordered to do so..." Once upon our premises and out of the horse boxes, I can only surmise that the grooms and groomesses line them up and then at the opportune moment someone shouts "Now!!!"

From the state of the car park I deduce that what happens next is that hammer-wielding horsey people climb aboard and they play polo with the resulting "balls" until all balls have fallen apart or become flattened and are spread all over the extent of the car park.

I can see that it would be a job and a half trying to pick up through a carrier bag as you quite hilariously see dog owners do. The picking up should be reasonably feasible but I think it would come unstuck - if that's the right phrase - when it comes to the "folding over and tucking in pocket" bit.

I have a separate pair of shoes for "office days"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.