Wednesday 18 July 2007

D-I-Y - Destroy It Yourself

I've been reluctantly forced into a spot of D-I-Y.

My motto is normally D-D-I-Y and for very good reasons but in this case it was more a case of destruction than doing...

Ever since we moved in here, the hallway has been somewhat hideously cladded with wooden panelling of the cheapi-board variety. It's meant we never had to bother decorating the hall and stairs and landing apart from painting the door frames but now, with a new central heating system about to come in I needed to clear the walls so radiators could go in.

There will need to be a spot of restoration work now to fill holes in the plaster where wall plugs have held the battens for the boarding.

In the photo, boarding is still on the left and may yet stay - it covers the space under the stairs where there is too much junk to have it on show... The new uncovered wall is on the right.

It's just Tigger's sense of humour that she is looking at the boarding trying to make you think that that is the new bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.