Wednesday 25 April 2007

Zoom!

Whilst at Durham at the event described below, I was asked for directions to Lancaster by a long-time colleague from Oaklands College. I started thinking of directions but it made more sense to say "Well, if you like I can show you..." as I was going to get a train back to Blackpool. Richard readily agreed to drop me off at the station at Lancaster where I would do the last hop to Preston and then to Blackpool.

"Have you a lot of luggage?" he asked. It seemed a bit mysterious until I saw his car... The luggage went in just and I got in...just... and we headed off for the A1 in one of the most fun cars I've been in for a long time! I've not sat 6 inches off the road surface since my brother Frank had an MGA - well... he's still got an MGA but it must be 30 years since it moved of its own accord!

Thanks Richard for the lift - he brought me all the way home in the end for which I punished him by making him listen to a track from the band... And at no time did we break the World Land Speed Record...!

Photograph from http://www.honda.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.