Tuesday 23 October 2007

Restored Tram out Tonight

Tram number 147, a Blackpool Standard, has been wonderfully restored and was out on Illuminations Tour duty tonight. We went out for a walk along the Promenade earlier tonight, braving the cold and the umpteen lightsabre sellers (£2.99 each or 2 for £5 from a pretty young girl or £2 each from a couple of blokes not as well blessed...)

Snatches of conversation along the Prom are always fun:

"Is that the North Pier do you think?"
"I don't know - which way are we facing?"

Blackpool is on the west coast - is that a clue???

"Mum, can I have a lightsabre?"
"No, you can have a burger..."

"No, I can't let you on this tram - you have to wait at that massive queue over there..."

or the old chestnut...

"Look at the Tower!"
"Yes I've seen it..."
"Look at that tram all lit up!"
"Yes I've seen it..."
"Look..."
"Yes! I've seen it!!!"
"Well what did you tread in it for then???"

Return to Blackpool Tram and Bus Index Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.