Tuesday 24 July 2007

Treasure Hunt Update

News on the treasure hunt that started with an email from Margot Carey on Saturday.

Les Cotton left a comment on the original post but it doesn't accept enough html to let you link photos.

Not to be outdone, he's emailed me with the photo (right) and says:

I was nearby to North Pier today, so had a stroll down there (first time in 30 years !! HaHa). Couldn't see the mystery box, but took (a) pic of a kiosk with a box under the seats to the right.

give us a clue...where exactly is it ??
Les
Well the box under the seats turned out to be an electrical junction box, but this other photo of Les's I suspect may be the actual thing?

I've not seen it myself - however, Margot wrote again to say:

I have another picture of my Dad with the telescope on N pier when I locate it I will forward it. I had a look at the link you sent.

The framework for the telescope box is on the right going down the pier and at the left hand side of one of the Indian looking huts. I think it is the second hut down the pier
.
Meanwhile, here's another photo from Les which I think is a bit of wishful thinking here, Les my old fruit!

I somehow rather think I'd prefer a shining brass telescope with a uniformed attendant than the modern equivalent!

So - perhaps Margot will confirm whether Les's first photo is of the correct article? And now, here's the next challenge - this one might have you rummaging through those old photos! Let's have a few photos of 1940s-1960s workers in uniform. They can be lift attendants, petrol pump attendants in overalls, shopworkers or factory workers - what have you got?

Email photos no bigger than 800x600 pixels please to bispham2[at]hotmail.com and to help me weed out potential viruses, please give your email a subject "uniform photos". Otherwise you run the risk of me deleting the message without reading!

Sending photos will be taken as giving me permission to publish them (but not make money from them) on this blog

Return to Blackpool North Pier Index Page

1 comment:

  1. Oh, bad luck Les... Another email from Margot:

    Hello John
    That is not it. I think it is where I said in a previous mail. As you face the hut it is on the left under the seat. The hut is on the right as you go down the pier.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.