Saturday 28 July 2007

More from Margot

Margot Carey, the lady who started off the Great Telescope Treasure Hunt, has sent me some fascinating photos and I'm going to add a couple more here.

Margot is, I think, the young lady to the left of this photo with two lion cubs and the family are remarkably relaxed and composed about posing with them! Ah, wait, the filename of the photo reveals there was a sheet of glass between the lions and the family! The photograph was apparently taken in the Olympia building. Margot, I think we need to know more about this one!

The next one shows Margot as a young girl, sitting on Santa's knee in the RHO Hills store. It was taken around 1947. RHO Hills was opposite the back of the Tower, where Waterstones is now and I have a feeling it burned down? I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong! Margot, I've added your name in the labels below - clicking your name there will open all the entries you are mentioned in! I have a feeling we may hear from you again! I certainly hope so!

Return to Blackpool Attractions Index Page

2 comments:

  1. This brought back memories. I have a very similar picture myself!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. An email from Margot means I must apologise - I got one detail wrong!

    Margot is the little girl at the front! She writes:

    On the picture with the lions I was the little girl and the girls on the left is my elder sister and the ladies are my Aunt and Mother (not a bit alike for sisters)

    John

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.