Sunday 28 June 2015

A Day At Sea On Thomson Majesty

Saturday 13 June 2015. We are at sea for the day as we travel southwards from Corfu around edge of the Mediterranean and up into the Aegean on our way to Mykonos where we will spend the next day. All of today's photos are courtesy of David whose camera I or Miss Jeannie used for the odd photo of her snap-happy hubby!

Breakfast in the Seven Seas restaurant. We opted for waiter service for the week with just one day's exception when we ate breakfast in Piazza San Marco on Deck 10. Here we are in the Seven Seas scrunched together for the photo. After this we spread out so as not to splash each other with fruit juice, egg yolk, bean juice etc.

Then a wander of the ship to walk off the breakfast! We called off at the Rendezvous bar for a latte.

Kirsty Ann plays piano in the Rendezvous Bar and coped very well with a maniac taking her photograph a hundred or so times...

Even in the limited shopping space onboard, the two ladies managed to enjoy themselves for quite a while, leaving me and David to lounge next to the windows on Deck 5. Once he'd been in the shops to take their photo of course!

Watching (in vain) for dolphins. We spent most of the day sunbathing and reading. I wasn't as keen on the cocktail of the day as I had been in Corfu, but did manage a few Cocktails of Yesterday...

That evening was the Captain's Gala Night. We scrubbed up, started down the staircase to Deck 6 and heard those magic words in the stairwell: "Just stop there and turn round..."

We allowed the ship's photographers a chance to catch up with David's total of photos taken so far this cruise and the Captain gets to boast "I had my photo taken with Creeping Bentgrass!"

Our lovely waiter team of Yankee, Gede and Marwill had saved our table for us in the Four Seasons (we stayed with them for the week, they were really excellent) and Marwill kept us topped up with wine. (The glasses were a mere staging point...)

As the excellent meal was at the coffee stage an impromptu sing-song burst out in the restaurant.

A drunken diner joined in... The waiter wasn't one of our team, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and had to make the best of it!

It was getting time for the next sitting so we took our glasses to finish our wine by the windows on Deck 5. I have absolutely no idea what I was trying to do here...

Miss Jeannie pinned David down on their sofa. "Let John take one - you can take some more in a minute..."

This lady was on a stand advertising the wares and services of the onboard spa. I can't remember her name I'm afraid and the photo is blurred just enough to render her badge unreadable, but she was absolutely lovely and we fell quickly into the habit of speaking to her for a few minutes every night. What had I just asked her, I wonder...?

"Can you sing Lady Gaga's Poker Face?"
"How far do my ears stick out from my head?"

Perhaps David had just started to sing and she was covering her ears...?

For the second night in a row we were presented with the most wonderful sunset. We went out onto the Promenade Deck to make the most of it.

I nicked the sun and stuck it in my pocket to bring it home to Blackpool! A couple of women were standing near us and wanted to know what we were doing at this point. David showed them the photos on the screen on the back of the camera and then told them to "Just stop and turn round..." C-L-I-C-K!

"CHEESE!" says Miss Franny.

As it got darker we retreated to the Royal Observatory bar. I ponder what to have...

Miss Franny has no such problems and goes for a cocktail with Blue Curacao, triple sec, vodka and orange juice.

Miss Jeannie and the Clicky-Monster are on Zombies... I don't think I've ever published a blog entry before with so many photos of people! I'm looking forward to writing the next one though as Mykonos is going to be one of the highlights of the week!

Hellenic Classics Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.