Wednesday 1 July 2009

A Trip To The Vet's

I'm up in Stirling in Scotland at the moment, ready to deliver a Change Management workshop tomorrow.

It's a bit muggy but thankfully I've missed all the rain that's been sweeping the eastern side of the country. We got it last night around 3:00am when the bedroom kept lighting up and all sorts of crashes and booms were heard - yes, I'm a strange sleeper...

Actually I can't remember when we had the last decent thunderstorm. The one that sticks in my memory was when a single thunderbolt crashed through the roof of a house about a quarter mile away also in the middle of the night and just about everyone in Bispham jumped out of bed in a fright thinking Hitler was having another go...

Anyway, last night's was a doozie! Consequently I'm bushed. We got up and had to take one of our cats, Tigger to the vet - she's been a bit off for a week or so but was really off this morning. Not that she was too far out of it to resist going into the travel box and she most definitely did not appreciate where the vet put that thermometer...

But she was most thankful to be home and brightened up considerably, thus making the whole journey a bit of a mockery. She was suffering from a bit of heat exhaustion, poor thing. So am I now...

She was also a bit put out to be called obese too, but never mind Tig... runs in the family...! So I left the house with fans blasting out and am now wishing I'd brought one up here with me! Jess, our other cat kept a wary eye on proceedings once he saw the travel cage come out and when we got back with Tigger, he was sitting underneath the table on one of the dining chairs, right against the wall where he thinks we can't get at him. He says he doesn't care what his temperature is after talking to Tigger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.