Tuesday 14 February 2023

Snow in Northern Ireland

Thursday 2 March 2006. I've been in Newcastle and Jacquie and I fly to Belfast, then get a taxi to Templepatrick for a workshop at the Golf and Country Club and Hotel tomorrow.

My room overlooks the grounds and what looks like a compact putting green. There has been a touch of snow.

Friday 3 March 2006. When I look out of my window the following morning, there has been a touch more. Nothing much to worry about though!

We are a few people short on the course and it appears it may have snowed a bit more elsewhere. Then mid morning and into the workshop we are running, I look up and there's a blizzard raging outside. So much so that we wonder if we will be able to get out that night. We are both reliant on taxis back to Belfast and flights home.

In the event, we both get home. My flight is to Blackpool Airport and the plane is only an eight-seater. I'm on the back row here! "It could be a little bumpy on the way home, so keep your seatbelts fastened," comes a cheery call from the pilot.

The wing and engine nacelle shortly after taking off. The weather isn't too bad until we get just off the coast of Blackpool then when we can see lights on the ground I realise we are not just bumping a bit but more like being thrown in zig-zags across the sky. "I'm game if you are!" comes that cheery voice from the cockpit and we touch down to sashay merrily down the runway. Ahhh... home...

Return to Work Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.