Tuesday 5 October 2010

Manchester to Blackpool Car Run 1998

As I was talking about cars on the previous entry, I thought I'd add a few photos and memories of the Veteran and Vintage Car Run from Manchester to Blackpool.

These photos are from the 1998 event, though this annual event goes back much further than that.

I don't claim to recognise any of the makes and models of these older cars, though the owners have my admiration for the effort and hard work that must go into maintaining a piece of machinery in working order for so long.

Some of these veterans are basic by anyone's standards, though even the cars I could remember from my own experience - heck, even the cars that were then brand new and rolling off the assembly line, would be classed as basic next to some of the features we have today!

Though for my last two photos I'm going for absolute beauty! I occasionally used to drive one of these Bentleys when I was 19. It belonged to the owner of the photographic studio where I worked and was just so elegant and head-turning. It guzzled a gallon of petrol every 8 miles, though...

And I've never been able to stop myself drooling over an Aston Martin. This is the DB6 with the "chopped off" rear end. I preferred the rear of the DB4 and DB5 but I wouldn't turn you down if you were to offer me one of these on a plate...

Return to Blackpool Attractions Index Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.