Sunday 16 May 2010

Video Killed The Conference Star

It's been a busy old time recently. This last week saw a two day trip to Lincoln, coping with a hotel down a road that had been closed and a rather convoluted diversion, heavy sleet coming back around the Leeds/Bradford area which was also the site of a 50mph stretch of motorway equivalent to the distance between the borders of Scotland and Greece.

During this bit where the roadworks were only intermittantly in evidence, I was forced into the middle lane by traffic joining the motorway, where I was hassled by a maniac who thought it was a 55mph area and thought that one inch from my bumper was a safe distance. He was wanting me to pull into the left hand lane of course but it wasn't safe to do that - certainly not as safe as him pulling into the empty right hand lane would have been...

On Wednesday I spent 13 hours putting an audio commentary together and producing a short video to cover the fact I'd double-booked myself on Thursday. It took a long time but was actually really good fun to do and I must find the time to put the video up at YouTube sometime!

After that I had nine hours on trains on Thursday, going to London from Blackpool and then heading up to Glasgow following the conclusion of my business in the capital. On the way up to Scotland I spoke to the co-ordinator of the other event who told me the audio and particularly the video had gone down "a storm" and that people were wanting to be able to download it... Must have been better than me being in person by the sounds of it...!

Friday I ran a Project Management workshop in Glasgow and worked the video into it to see what would happen. People laughed in all the right places and there was a round of applause at the end that was very gratifying!

It's hand-held and horribly wobbly and the title reflects more the original conference subject than the video content. So for Change Management read Benefits Management.

So of course, it's been uploading whilst I wrote this, so have a look...

Return to Work Index

1 comment:

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.