Tuesday 18 August 2009

Brough Castle Viewpoint

A while ago (two years ago!) I posted an entry about Brough Castle and mentioned that I had once climbed to the top of the castle keep.

The climb was somewhat hairy to say the least. Part of it was up a spiral staircase and part of it along parapets that had once been passages but one wall had collapsed. It wasn't much of a surprise that the next time I visited the access to the stairs had been blocked and it hasn't been possible to climb the tower for years now.

Well the other day I came across the photos I took on the day I did climb to the top, ending up at on that little bit with the railings, perched on the edge of oblivion.

A great view - but I wasn't sure whether to be sorry or relieved when I found I couldn't repeat the climb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.