Sunday 11 January 2009

Help Me Rhondda

Hey ho, Sunday night and I've just driven 4 hours to get to Cardiff, where I have a day's business tomorrow.

Weather wasn't too bad and the motorway was fairly quiet except for one bit. Looked like an accident heading north on the M6 too - driving as many miles as I do, I see quite a few of those. I drive around 30-35 thousand miles a year. Clive puts that into the also-rans though as he's clocked up a staggering 51,000 miles in his car in the 13 months that he's had it!

The hire company have shown a bit of humour this week... As rain falls and temperatures threaten to turn it into snow, I've been given an Astra twin-top convertible... I haven't tried it out...

Subsequently this weekend has been a bit short. We had breakfast yesterday with David and Jeannie in our favourite spot in Blackpool and then I'd promised Fran a return trip to Cheshire Oaks outlet - actually finding it this time... One of those places that women like much more than men... It was cold, it was miserable, it was shops...

We came back after Fran and daughter Gill got cold enough. I was shivering and turning blue from the start... I had a lukewarm panini in a cafe which was cool enough to wolf down but it still burned my fingers!

The rest of the time has been spent watching Christmas present DVDs - I've got through the first series of The Tudors and am now looking forward to the second. Fran has taken advantage of me not being in to watch Mamma Mia...

The car had an MP3 player so I burned a CD to come down here then realised the computer rips CDs as WMAs which the car spat out with the digital display saying "Nice try but I'm not playing this rubbish..."

Yakky Da...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.