Sorry for the somewhat long break - had a lot to deal with culminating in the death of my Mum R.I.P. now reunited with my Dad and no longer in pain. But for now let's go back in time to carry on with my own trials and ailments!
3 November 2025. Recap: I passed the 3 year survival with cancer and after having leg ulcers for some two years I have been 3 months since spending time in hospital.
The very essence of elegance... For the last week my left leg (on the right) has been treated to "wrap-arounds". These give mild compression and the idea is that they can be taken off and washed to be used again - I have two pairs but so far the right leg hasn't fully "crystalised" (scabbed over) yet and still occasionally leaks blood down my leg from a couple of spots on the side of my leg.
The wound is down to a 3" x 2" patch on my right leg but is healing nicely with fresh healthy skin appearing in between the segments of wounds which are the remains of the one which once covered the entire area (and more). I'm still wearing shorts indoors but can manage to wear normal trousers for the occasional short outing.
It's during this month that I started this series on the blog mulling over my experiences with cancer on the liver and leg ulcers. Time flies when you're enjoying yourself...
The wraps that go around the leg and foot.
Only slightly more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than the 1960s leather with straps and buckles though I imagine, far more comfortable however painful the combination of wide elastic straps and Velcro fasteners may be.
Friday 5 December. The right leg has given up its slab of meat look, though you can still make out the shape of the loss of skin and there's still a few grotty areas that can be very painful.
The hole in the right foot has more or less healed, though it will always now remain as a hole. The fear of amputation has receded though I am glad to say.
Christmas decorations 2025! Some things are going to get better in 2026, but there's a difficult goodbye to be said...
Family Memories: Personal Index






No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post. Comments containing items for sale or with external links will not be allowed.