Thursday 23 September 2021

Performing in Knott End

After not being able to meet for eighteen months due to the COVID pandemic the Over Wyre Social and Activity Club held their first comeback meeting at Knott End Working Men's Club on the afternoon of 16 September 2021.

Having been asked by the organisers who rang round the members to see what they would like to do at their first get-together, their response was to mention me!

Coming over all humble and shy, I jumped at the chance. After all, all those lockdowns gave me time to put several new sets together and learn lots of new songs and I gave them a trip through the 1960s with dips into decades on either side. I seemed to go down well and the organisers have since told me that feedback has been great. Phew! Happen as well seeing as I am due to play again at their Christmas party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.