Sunday 20 November 2011

Hobnobbing November 2011 Part One

Last week saw me in Birmingham for much of the week for the Association of Colleges annual conference. It's an event populated by the movers and shakers of the Further Education sector and a chance to sit in front of Government ministers, Lords of the Realm (and a Baroness) and some great inspirational speakers. Add in a huge exhibition and a number of workshops debating all sorts of things from use of technology to literacy and numeracy. Plus as an added bonus for me, the chance to catch up with friends who I tend only to see here once a year these days and you can see why I look on it as a chance to recharge enthusiasm and chip in with my pennyworth every now and then to remind people that my organisation (JISC infoNet) has something to offer. The venue is Birmingham's International Convention Centre which backs onto Brindley Place with its canals and restaurants. I was however keeping a close ear on what was going on at home as my daughter was being whisked into hospital with a baby arrival imminent! More of that in another entry!

Return to Work Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.