Wednesday 12 November 2008

Travelling for Work

It's 8:00am and I'm just preparing for a trip to York to meet up with the staff at JISC TechDis to discuss a project that we're jointly involved with.

Travelling for work often sounds glamourous to those who don't do it, but it's very seldom that I see anything of the places I go to! I see the venue for whatever event I'm going to and, if it involves an overnight stay, the hotel. And many times that's it.

If I'm in London I normally go out for a walk and eat somewhere around Leicester Square but in most other places it's just a quick nip out to find the nearest restaurant and back to the hotel. When I started doing this I was full of visions of exploring, doing cinema and theatres but it's just not like that.

In reality it's more likely to be eating on the way in a grotty motorway service station, getting to a hotel around 9:00pm, having a quick drink in the bar and checking the day's emails before bed. Glamourous? I don't think so...

The photo (of course) was taken on a previous non-work-related trip!

Large Version of the Photo: York and Bootham Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.