Sunday 13 March 2016

Polperro Watercolour

Back in September last year we visited Polperro one day during a week's holiday in Cornwall. Whilst there I did a pencil sketch of the hillside and buildings above the harbour.

For the past couple of weeks I've been dabbing watercolour at an A4 print from a scan of the sketch. This afternoon I spent a couple of hours finishing it off.

I'm no expert with watercolours but I'm trying to learn. There's bits of this I like and there's definitely more than one bit where I know I made big mistakes that I'll try to avoid in future. You can easily spot the bits where I tried to put too much colour on at once and also the bits where the gradual building up of layers of colour have worked.

Usually several months would go before I start another but I know I should push myself to cut that down to a day or two. Fingers crossed!

Return to Sketching and Artwork Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.