Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Greatest Hits Albums

One of those lazy entries I'm afraid - though when I started I had no idea just how many Greatest Hits albums I had! So that's the theme. Any album labelled "Greatest Hits", "Best of..." or similar. There's some missing of course. I have Eric Clapton, The Dave Clark Five, Slade, and a few others that haven't been scanned. Plus I have numerous more where I haven't got the album because I have all the songs already on singles or other albums. That's my excuse for some glaring omissions. Amongst others: Abba, The Bay City Rollers, Kate Bush, The Carpenters, Cher, Petula Clark, Alice Cooper, The Corrs, Doris Day, Dire Straits, Dollar.... and that's only the first four letters of the alphabet!

Even so, there's almost 80 albums here! I started putting the images together last night and ran out of time to write! Some will surprise you and some may make you recoil in horror. Some of them made me do the same. With one or two I wondered "What the hell was I thinking?" But hey... Five Star had their moments...

I'll be back at the end, but for now, let's look at the album covers!

Wow! Now what sort of concert would that be? A concert that sandwiched Creedence Clearwater Revival between Bucks Fizz and Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters. Or Billy Fury between Fleetwood Mac and Girls Aloud! Or Thin Lizzy between Take That and The Thompson Twins...

List articles are always fun to do and this one certainly was. On the way, my music collection suggested so many other possible lists: boy bands, girl bands, singer songwriters, glam-rock, heavy, album artists, forgotten artists, novelty records (oh yes...!), musicians' careers, obscure artists/records, ground-breakers... watch this space...

So how many Greatest Hits albums do you have? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...