Wednesday, 23 January 2013

The Only True Original Postcard

Well... of this particular view anyway.

Back in April of last year I illustrated an article with a couple of postcards of Blackpool illuminations both of which had been based on the same photo. This photograph in fact...

After seeing the other two versions of this it was great to unexpectedly see the original daytime photograph on the Blackpool's Past Facebook page.

After I commented on the post, the owner of the postcard contacted me and very kindly offered to post it to me. It arrived today and I would like to express my thanks to Geoff Pope for his generosity and for allowing me to update my blog readers with this fabulous view of old Blackpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...