Friday 8 July 2011

A Brief Encounter in Colchester

The last couple of weeks I've been doing the rounds of a few JISC Regional Support Centre "eFairs" for work. This week I found myself going down to Ipswich and as I have friends at Colchester which is just a few minutes away, I called in for a few minutes to surprise them in their shop! I'd never been to Colchester before but the centre, especially where the road bridge crosses the River Colne, is absolutely gorgeous! Whilst the most interesting buildings are on the southern side of the bridge, the northern side is no less pretty.

I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to look round Ipswich as I met up with a few colleagues from RSC Eastern and other agency and college staff for dinner, which was a lively affair as someone kept up a stream of jokes. Oh wait, no... that was me... Well as anyone who knows me will tell you - if I get an audience who will listen, then you have to drag me off with a hook!

Thanks to colleagues for a great meal and an interesting day at the eFair and to friends Bruce and Diane for not fainting with shock when I walked in their shop!

Return to Work Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.