Friday 9 July 2010

Traumatic Time at the Vet's

No, not for the cat... For me.

Tigger has had a urinary tract problem. It started last year around this time and she was really bad then - we thought for a while we might lose her, but she recovered and we knew this time to spot the early symptoms and to get her to the vet's for a couple of injections.

Last night we took her for the second one and they were running a bit late with a place full of dogs. Tigger was safe enough (or should that be, the dogs were safe enough?) but she straight away started a continuous growling and yeowling and the dogs started to get nervous...

Which is ok, except that I am slightly allergic to dogs. We were there over half an hour and when I came out my eyes were sore.

By the time I had driven home my eyes looked like this!

I had to spend the night flat on my back with two cotton pads soaked in cold water over my eyes. I put my headphones on and just listened to music. Fran kicked me a couple of times claiming I was snoring but seriously – how could I have been when I was listening to music?!?

Anyway this morning the swelling has gone down a lot but I think I might find some things to do that don't require a lot of staring at the computer screen!

And Tig is so pleased to be home she's cuddling her brother, Jess, which he is suffering without complaint...

Return to Family Memories Index

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I really miss the two cats we had until... Anyway the one we have now is so lonely sometimes he insists on my playing the part of "friend". A grown man chasing around the house is so embarrassing, to the wife, I find it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of the cuddling kitties! Sorry you had to suffer so - would it help if you pop a Claritin if you have to go to the vet's again?

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.