Thursday 29 January 2009

Edinburgh With A View

I've moved from Newcastle to Edinburgh and am now in the middle of two workshops that we are running for the JISC Regional Support Centre (RSC, but not the Royal Shakespeare Company) for Scotland North and East.

I'm staying in the Holiday Inn on Queensferry Road and from my 5th floor room have an excellent view towards the castle and city centre.

Having spent the first half of the week in Newcastle, it seems a long week. I travel a lot for work and quite enjoy it, but leaving the house on Monday mornings and not getting home until Friday night is not my favourite working week!

Clive has been with me today as we were running a Project Management workshop. Tomorrow I'm on my own, delivering an Information and Email Management workshop at the same venue in Edinburgh's Telford College.

We got here last night just a touch too late to take advantage of a brilliant 2-meals-for-£5 offer at a Sainsburys store just opposite the hotel. I made sure I was there in time tonight, but being on my own the offer was a bit wasted really... I did consider that it would only cost an extra 60p for a double meal but even I'm not that much of a gannet! Good meal though!

Back at home, Fran's busy psyching herself up to cater for 80-ish people at a gig the band have arranged in the Blackpool region. Saturday might be as much of a rush as the rest of the week has been!

Return to Work Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.