Friday 7 November 2008

Blackpool Hounds Hill Centre 1982

One for the Vanished Blackpool series. I'm afraid I haven't stirred myself yet to take the camera into the newly refurbished and enlarged Hounds Hill Centre in Blackpool. I did note that it had a tiled surface leading down a slope towards the new Debenams that made me wonder about how slippery it might be when the weather outside was wet. I always seem to choose shoes that at the merest hint of moisture skid all over the place leaving me floundering and waving my arms about like windmills whilst onlookers point and laugh...

Anyway, by way of making up for this lack of photographic effort, here's an older photo, shot in 1982 of the then relatively new Hounds Hill Centre when it had an open front much used by buskers. One of the regulars I remember was a Franciscan monk who, to his credit, never laughed when I fell over on a wet floor...

A bit of music always provided a good atmosphere and at the time there were some good musicians playing lively music.

A folk band playing jigs and reels at the rear entrance to Houndshill.

Return to Blackpool Town Index Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.