Sunday 4 November 2007

November Online Sounds at Billy Fury Website

The monthly track for November on the Billy Fury website is one from the band's first album "Keeping On..."

It's the last track off the album in fact - a cover of The Moody Blues famous track "Nights in White Satin" and you can hear it by going to the website linked above and clicking the blue bar that says "Click to Play".

The website is a tribute site to Billy Fury, a fabulous singer who was one of Britain's early rock and roll stars. He had many hits in the early 1960s and still has a great following these days despite dying far too early in 1983 aged only 43 following long standing heart problems.

I found one of his early albums in a second hand record shop this weekend as I went looking for a few more records to stick in my jukebox.

It was priced up at £28 but I resisted the temptation although I did snap up one of his singles "I'd Never Find Another You" which I'll try out in the jukebox the next time I change the records!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.