Wednesday 31 October 2007

Venus - Your Strings Are Showing...

Every now and then my screensaver throws this one up at me from all the thousands of images I have on the computer.

I always think you can judge someone's age by the earliest Gerry Anderson show they remember. I'm a Four Feather Falls man myself...

That was preceded (apparently) by Torchy the Battery Boy and Twizzle but they mean nothing to me other than having seen photos of them.

Four Feather Falls was a western, in an era when both childrens' and adults' TV was dominated by American western series - The Lone Ranger, Bronco Lane, Cheyenne Body, Tenderfoot, Champion the Wonder Horse, Laramie, The Rifleman, Waggon Train, My Friend Flicker, the list is almost endless! I can still remember the theme tunes from the first five of those!!!

Anyway Four Feather Falls was followed by Supercar, then Fireball XL5 which is shown, during which colour TV came out which led to the first Gerry Anderson colour series, Stingray. The hugely popular Thunderbirds followed that and then I was getting less interested in things like Joe 90, The Secret Service, Captain Scarlet etc. Interest revived with live action series like UFO and Space 1999 and Space Precinct which was quite a bit later.

Right: me with the man himself - Gerry Anderson at Memorabilia in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.