Friday 5 October 2007

They Dug Up The Gardens...

I'm in a postcard mood tonight.

My entry about the slightly naughty French postcards attracted a comment from Linda who has a business and excellent blog featuring antique postcards. Well worth a visit (as long as you promise to come back here!)

Anyway I've dug out a couple of old postcards today for you.

The first one is an old Blackpool postcard showing the now demolished South Shore rockery gardens south of the Pleasure Beach. This is taken from a painting, done especially for the postcard industry. I have a few of these from around the same time, which look to me like the work of the same artist.

This is the fourth of my postcard entries and there's going to be more, so I'll add it to the list of topics at the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.