Monday 8 October 2007

Tamed by the Shrew

I'm in Shrewsbury on a 57k connection so no photo on this until I get home I think! [Coo-ee! I'm home!]

Clive and I are ensconced in the Lion Hotel, an establishment enjoyed in the past by Charles Dickens who wrote something here - perhaps a note saying his radiator was cold, Paganini who sang in the Minstrels Gallery in the ballroom - I haven't seen that, as it is in use for some sort of event; and Prince William Henry - I'm sure there must have been more than one of those. Anyway the one who was here danced in the same ballroom that Paganini had sung in. Probably because Paganini had shut up and gone back to wherever he came from?

Those damn foreigners - they just turn up and start singing all over the place...! (I do the same when I'm abroad!) They still are - the legendary Julie Felix is here on Friday on a "Forever Young" tour. She's only kidding herself I fear, but a shame I'll miss her all the same.

After last night the conversation over a pint or two has been Disney and Florida and (because it's me and Clive and it's what we do) about the differences in culture between Americans and the UK both in business and in personal life.

Thankfully, sense has prevailed back at the Burke household and Florida is "off" for next year at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.