Thursday 13 September 2007

I've Not Been Well, You Know...

I've had a bit of a bug...

Apparently there's one going about that gives you headaches, sore throats and ties your guts in knots.

It's had me for two days and whilst I'm now back at work, I'm still croaking and losing my voice so I'm working from home so as not to spread it about. Uncommonly non-generous, I know, but there you are.

I must have looked bad on the first day because Fran was actually sympathetic. I think...
"You look a bit queer..." is what she actually said...

By day two when I lost my voice she had changed to: "That's good!".

Our daughter, Gill, came round to visit after work yesterday and said something like "Are you being pathetic?"

I croaked indignantly that I couldn't talk properly, which evoked the response: "Ooh - that's an improvement...!"

Huh! Women just don't understand how we men suffer with illness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.