Wednesday 5 September 2007

Grease Is The Word

Stop that drooling, girls!

This is Theo Spies (it rhymes with kiss). He's one of Marlene's sons and I remember him as a 7-year-old, so to find he's now 5 feet 10 inches and in his final year at school is causing me to think that maybe I too am ten years older... ohhhh noooo!

Anyway, Marlene reports he is getting interested in showbiz - he's done some catwalk modelling and last night...well, let his proud Mom tell the tale!

'So I took Theo to the audition for Grease last night. We got there with his resume and comp cards in hand, and the whole cast started arriving. We watched and waited. Our appointment was at 7pm.

Finally by around 7.20 Sue came and took Theo for an audition. The stage manager or someone went along. I waited and listened to the first run-through of "
Summer Nights". (By the way, the girl playing Sandy is utterly GORR-GEOUS! And a great voice too.)'
So where's my photo of her??? Dear me, so inconsiderate!

'Here they came back from the audition, and I push away from the wall so we can leave. But she hands Theo a script and sends him in with the others.

I said, "
So --- you mean you are using him???" Jaw dropped and all that.
"
Of course!" she said and looked at me like I had two heads.

Rehearsals are lots - 3 hours on Mondays and Thursday nights, and 3-5 hours on Sunday afternoons. Stepping up rehearsals and run-through in late Oct, and the show starts on Nov. 14 - Nov. 17. He has to get out of school early on Nov. 14 for a Matinee. Shows will be at the Rose Theatre
(Toronto, Canada).'
Excellent stuff - you go for it Theo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.