Tuesday 24 July 2007

A Train-ing Event

Well, I had a wonderful day on Monday as the JISC infoNet team ran a training workshop - on a train!

We hired the Tanfield Railway for the day with 4 carriages and as the train chuffed its way up and down the track, delegates got to grips with some Scenario Planning, looking at a different scenario in each carriage.

I was facilitating discussions in what I'm sure was the noisiest carriage - but then my boss commented that at least we had the noisiest presenter in the carriage so it evened things up... I have no idea what she meant...

With the initial journey set aside for looking at the scenery we softened the delegates up a little - they had a very intensive time ahead of them for the rest of the day.

Feedback is still coming in, but they certainly seemed to enjoy the day!

Return to Work Index

2 comments:

  1. This was my first ever day at JISC InfoNet! What a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you Owen - I bet that day set some too-high expectations :-)

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.