Sunday 22 July 2007

I Think We Might Stay In...

The Red Arrows are appearing in Blackpool again today.

I caught a glimpse of them yesterday as they did the first of two displays in Blackpool at their usual tea time slot. Not sure why they time it for then - mostly people have got fed up at watching a single aircraft flying up and down that the council seem to think constitutes a display. Not too bad if it was something interesting like a Spitfire (two of these do make an appearance apparently) but the prospect of watching a single Hawk jet scream past when you are waiting to see nine of the very same aircraft doing formation flying is just an annoyance unless you're an anorak.

Anyway today the Red Arrows and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight are at the better time of midday and I was quite fancying going down to the Prom to see them until I looked outside and saw the weather.

By gad! It's raining! Not just rain, it's more like having a row of people standing along the edge of the roof and pouring buckets of water over...

I think I'm starting to develop webbed feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.