Wednesday 9 May 2007

Fossil Hunting

I can't quite remember how this cropped up, but I'd left my desk to make a brew and one of the girls in the office mentioned Dorset.

"Where's that?" came a puzzled question. So after a bit of arm waving which in my mind I fondly imagined to be a fair attempt at drawing the south west coast in the air a light switched on... "Lyme Regis!" she exclaimed "There's a dinosaur museum there!"

So I started to describe finding some fossils just lying about on the beach way back in 1993, but it was far easier to post a photo here tonight and show her later! This is a photo of my Dad with a particularly spectacular set of fossilised gruntodon nostrils. Unfortunately they are broken in half - must have been a heck of a sneeze...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.