Wednesday 14 March 2007

Train of Thought

I'm just back from another couple of days in Birmingham.

This has been for the JISC Conference (which I think was easily the best that I have attended) and for a day's planning meeting with the rest of the team.

Tomtom didn't make the trip this time as I travelled by train. I'm not sure what it is with me and trains - I'm sure they can't go wrong as much as my experiences seem to suggest, but anyway...

Coming back, my train had the misfortune to be behind one which hit something on the line near to Bristol. I'm not sure what, but by the time my train (heading for Glasgow) reached Birmingham where I was getting on, it was 45 minutes late. A typical experience for me really, I'm not sure why I should even mention it.

It was made all the more memorable by two imbeciles behind me who felt the need to use the f-word every alternate word. I'm not a prude but it did get a bit wearing hearing it three or four times in every sentence... And on a train surrounded by other people I feel that's selfish and ignorant behaviour.

On a different subject, we're starting to get fired up about the gig on Saturday at Cabus Village Hall (see the band's website for details).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.