Friday 9 March 2007

Make a U-turn as soon as it is safe...

Yes, I've gone Satellite Navigating! And it must work because I haven't crashed into one yet...

I've been in Birmingham, Wednesday afternoon and yesterday and finding anything remotely resembling the street map is a nightmare. In most big cities, not just Birmingham. A combination of one-way streets and new corner buildings where the street names are never replaced makes trying to find anywhere a total frustrating challenge!

So I went out into the malls of Birmingham and came back with a tomtom. I played that until the chap in the next room at the hotel complained and then went out again to buy a satnav...

I'd sussed the way from the hotel to the ICC where I had an exhibition stand at the ACM Conference, but the satnav got me back to the motorway at the end of the day without any fuss at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.