Monday 19 February 2007

Lost in Leeds...

Well it wasn't entirely my fault... Searching for a Premier Travel Inn when they have three along the same road (A58) is a bit confusing! Still, third time lucky!

The second one was murder to get to as well. The chap at the first said "Get back on the M621, you'll see it from the Motorway. Yes indeed you do... but try getting to it! Anyway, that was the wrong one too! I'm here now in my standard room which could be Leeds or London or Edinburgh or... But I don't mind that they all look the same. It means I know what to expect and I can work the heating!

There's a little smiley face on the side of the TV and a label that says "I've passed". Good for you - I think I will too... TVs in hotels always annoy the person in the next room and anyway I am ready to start the tenth volume of Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series. Excellent stuff, though they get harder to follow all the multiple threads after a while and remembering who everyone is can be a bit of a bugger...

I'm running a Change Management workshop at the university tomorrow for people from the Yorks/Humber region's colleges and universities. Then it's home for a night and then do the same in Nottingham on Thursday. This series of workshops has been very well received so far and they have all been full with repeat bookings in a few regions.

I try to upload a new photo to my Flickr page every day. (This doesn't exist any more) Today's is a rooftop shot of Brighton's Royal Pavilion. It's from last year or the year before - I wasn't that lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be passed by moderator before appearing on this post.